[Mimedefang] Bad Timeouts

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:47:00 EDT 2002

Sorry for the inexperience here but if someone could look at this for me
real quick I would greatly appreciate it.

My sendmail.mc file has this:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:300s;R:300s;E:5m')dnl

Then I start mimedefang like this:
# su defang
% /usr/local/bin/mimedefang -p /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock&
% mimedefang-multiplexor -l&

# sendmail -q2h -bd
#

Is this the correct way to start the multiplexer? Cause we have netsaint
polling the SMTP port on that server and it is giving CRITICAL pages every
so often. I raised the timeout on netsaint from 10 sec. to 25 sec. and it is
still paging me with the timeouts. Also, how can I see the statistics for
the amount of mail my server is handling? All in all it is working.
Thanks.

Chad Stalvey