[Mimedefang] Forwarding spam to an admin mbox instead of quarantine

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Jul 15 15:01:01 EDT 2002

I am trying to setup a MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin solution for a customer
and they are wanting an almost black box for the mail relay portion.
What I am attempting to do is have all messages that are flagged as spam
forwarded to an internal mailbox for admin review/holding for customer
request/whatever so the admins can easily filter the messages etc etc.
They are a Notes shop, not a Unix type environ.  I attempted using the
resend_message routines but those send the original unaltered message
which makes it difficult for them to find messages destined for a
certain user or to drop messages with high spam scores easily.  I then
tried to use those routines as boilerplate to send the MIME entity that
gets created but I lose all of the initial header components (important
stuff like Subject!).   I am also trying to add the original recipient
as a header field so it can be retained since the resend (naturally) is
aimed at a different user.  Any thoughts?

An unfortunate req is to have the UNIX side as black box as possible so
they can tweak and alter behaviors on the Notes side instead, even if it
is not as efficient.

Any suggestions on how I can get these messages reformulated with all of
the right info would be greatly appreciated.