[Mimedefang] FW: Great program!

Jon Kenoyer jonk at otsiweb.com
Mon Jul 15 13:39:01 EDT 2002

Hello all and thanks for the help.  I got this up and running, and all
the problems I had where admittedly my newness to the FreeBSD
environment.  Always update your ports then install from there lol!
This has been working great except for the limited rule sets you can use
for outlook and outlook express.  My only issue now is that when I set
it to try and modify the actual text of the message (so it will place
text somewhere Outlook can find it) the MIMEDefang crashes, but honestly
I haven't had much time to look into it.
Also it seems to scan actual file attachments with spam-assassin.  Is
there a way to limit spam assassin to the text of the e-mail?  Does it
only scan HTML attachments with Spam Assassin?
Again awesome program.  Well worth the time to set up a FreeBSD e-mail
"firewall".  We went from a deluge of spam to barely a whisper
overnight.