[Mimedefang] Virus Scanners

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Wed Jul 10 10:13:00 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Adam Beatham wrote:

> I've noticed that using sophos within MD, it only appears to ever catch
> Klez, and then.. it doesn't catch that all the time.  We have basically two

Have you been grabbing the IDE updates?  This is what an eval version I
downloaded yesterday looks like (sweep --version), and I just grabbed the
latest IDEs about an hour ago:

Product version           : 3.59
Engine version            : 2.10
User interface version    : 2.03.098
Platform                  : Linux/Intel
Released                  : 01 July 2002
Total viruses (with IDEs) : 74499

In one setup I'm testing out, I run File::Scan on one of four mid-range
mail relays, if ok it goes to another box where Sophie (not sophos sweep,
but the sophie daemon) scans it.  It catches virii that File::Scan misses
(and File::Scan catches lots).

root at mail2:/var/log# grep sophie messages | grep 'Scan result' | awk '{print $13}'
'W32/Klez-H'
'W32/Klez-H'
'W32/Klez-H'
'W32/Klez-H'