[Mimedefang] Virus Scanners

Adam Beatham adam at backboard.org
Wed Jul 10 09:10:01 EDT 2002

Hi There,

I know this is probably really more a Sophos related question, but I wanted
to throw it out there, incase anyone has any ideas.

I've noticed that using sophos within MD, it only appears to ever catch
Klez, and then.. it doesn't catch that all the time.  We have basically two
levels of virus scanning..one at our main MX (the MD machine).. that
machine forwards to a Notes machine.  The Notes machine has NAV on it, and
that catches a myriad of other virii.. LoveLetter, Hybris.worm, etc.   Is
there something more I should be doing in the filter, or has anyone else
experienced something similar?  Any ideas would be warmly welcomed!

thanks!

-adam, the guy behind the guy behind the guy