[Mimedefang] Virus or Corrupt?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Jan 14 11:04:03 EST 2002

On 12 Jan 2002 at 10:21, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Evrim ULU wrote:
>
> > umz. yeps. they are not very comfortable w/ these kind of filenames.
> > but, i think it is the right thing to return *infected* when document is
> > corrupted.
>
> I do not use any virus scanners, so I do not know the exit codes.
> If someone would like to post the exit codes for his/her favourite
> scanner which is supported by MIMEDefang, I will alter the code to
> handle them.

Here are the return codes for H+BEDV AntiVir:

   0: Normal program termination, no virus, no error
   1: Virus found in a file or boot sector
   2: A virus signature was found in memory
 100: AntiVir only has displayed this help text
 101: A macro was found in a document file
 102: The option -once was gven and AntiVir already ran today
 200: Program aborted, not enough memory available
 201: The given response file could not be found
 202: Within a response file another @<rsp> directive was found
 203: Invalid option
 204: Invalid (non-existent) directory given at command line
 205: The log file could not be created
 210: AntiVir could not find a necessary dll file
 211: Programm aborted, because the self check failed
 212: The file antivir.vdf could not be read
 213: An error occured during initialisation
----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.