[Mimedefang] Virus or Corrupt?

Nicholas Brealey nick at brealey.org
Sun Jan 13 00:59:03 EST 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Evrim ULU wrote:
>
> > umz. yeps. they are not very comfortable w/ these kind of filenames.
> > but, i think it is the right thing to return *infected* when document is
> > corrupted.
>
> I do not use any virus scanners, so I do not know the exit codes.
> If someone would like to post the exit codes for his/her favourite
> scanner which is supported by MIMEDefang, I will alter the code to
> handle them.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

David

Here are the Sophos sweep codes.

EXIT STATUS
     SWEEP returns error codes if there is an error or if a virus
     is found.

     SWEEP returns:

     0    If no errors are encountered and no viruses are found.

     1    If the  user  interrupts  SWEEP  (usually  by  pressing
          control-C) or kills the process.

     2    If  some  error   preventing   further   execution   is
          discovered.

     3    If viruses or virus fragments are discovered.

There are also another set of error codes if sweep is run with
the -eec option but I don't think that they are relevent.

EXTENDED ERROR CODES
     A different set of error codes will be returned if SWEEP  is
     run with the -eec command line qualifier.

     0    If no errors are encountered and no viruses are found.

     8    If survivable errors have occurred.

     12   If compressed files have been found and decompressed.

     16   If  compressed  files   have   been   found   and   not
          decompressed.

     20   If viruses have been found and disinfected.

     24   If viruses have been found and not disinfected.

     28   If viruses have been found  in  memory  (not  supported
          with this version).

     32   If there has been an integrity check failure.

     36   If unsurvivable errors have occurred.

     40   If execution has been interrupted.

Regards

Nick