[Mimedefang] Migrate to production

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Wed Feb 27 11:12:54 EST 2002

On Tue Feb 26 2002 at 18:39, "David F. Skoll" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Tony Nugent wrote:
>
> > Is there any way (probably not with defang) to "re-inject" a
> > quarantined message into sendmail without leaving any sign that
> > anything has happened?  (ie, it gets sent on exactly was it would
> > have if it was let through).
>
> Well, if you're in a quarantine directory, something along these
> lines *almost* works.  It needs tweaking to handle <> characters in
> addresses:
>
> sendmail -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE
>
> You can still tell it's been resent from the Received: header lines, though.

Yes, I should have mentined that I have tried things like that, and
it works but with the Reciveved: evelope changed as you say (sender
is the local root account and so on).

It is also problematic with multiple recipients, which may include
non-local addresses -- they end up with copies.

Is there any way to forge'n'fudge any of this?  Perhaps running
sendmail with a different -Cconfig file?  hmm, food for thought...

Cheers
Tony