[Mimedefang] Missing attachment?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 19 20:42:47 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Mickey Hill wrote:

> Feb 19 09:09:44 mail mimedefang[25079]: Perl stderr: Can't call method
> "path" on an undefined value at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 1145.

This "should not" happen.  If you look at the MIME-tools page:

http://www.zeegee.com/code/perl/MIME-tools/note-bodies.shtml

it says that a part has EITHER a body OR an array of parts.  If you look
at the logic of rebuild_entity, which is the main function which calls
down into filter(), it should never call filter() if an array of parts
exists.

So there's a bug in MIME-tools.  I'll look into a workaround.