[Mimedefang] Undelivered messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 27 15:41:32 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Roberto Machado wrote:

> When I try to run this message separately, what I see is the external
> server trying to deliver to the internal server, a large increase in
> the CPU usage of the internal server (consumed by a mimedefang and
> sendmail process), like this.

Weird.  The mimedefang process itself should consume practically
no CPU time; it's just a conduit between Sendmail and the filter.

Could you send me (not the list, just me) a copy of an e-mail which
is causing problems?

Also, if you manage to duplicate it, could you use strace (linux) or
truss (Solaris) to see what the mimedefang process is doing?  e.g:

	strace -p pid_of_mimedefang_process > TRACE.OUT 2>&1