[Mimedefang] sendmail 8.12.2 Milter patch

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Wed Feb 27 08:47:50 EST 2002

here's some interesting post - in case you didn't notice it in
comp.mail.sendmail  - :

<<
From: Claus Aßmann
<ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: MILTER timeout problems
Date: 23 Feb 2002 14:48:19 GMT

Rob MacGregor  wrote:

> I'm using the AMAVIS system to scan my incoming (and outgoing) email
> via
> MILTER.  A problem has been noticed in high speed links (in my case,
> my
> cable modem link to my ISP, but not to any other ISPs pop server).
> When
> I download a number of emails from my ISPs box (5 or more always
> triggers it, 4 sometimes does) I get the following for all the
> following
> messages (not tested with more than 20):

> Milter: ... reject=451 4.7.1 Please try again later

There should be a reason in the logfile why this happens,
e.g., timeout, lost connection, etc.

What's in your logfile?

Maybe you run into a bug in the MTA wrt milter (error handling for
select()), take a look at:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/sm-812.html

The exact URL for the patch is
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/patches/milter.c.8.188.p

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services