[Mimedefang] problems upgrading from mimedefang 1.5

Bill Schaub talon at hancock.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 20 15:35:10 EST 2002

After building and installing MIMEDefang 2.5 i get a ton of errors like this
when trying to process mail.

Feb 20 13:31:36 hancock sendmail[510]: g1KJVQI00510: milter_read(mimedefang): read returned 0, expecting 5

Feb 20 13:16:31 hancock mimedefang[8401]: Filter did not remove UNFINISHED file -- returning tempfail code to sendmail

As far as the UNFINISHED error is concerned. i do not have any virus handling
rules in my filter.  Does anyone have an idea of what i might be missing? Ive
had to abort the upgrade and revert back to mimedefang 1.5 to get the traffic
flowing again. I'm using sendmail 8.11.6 under OpenBSD 2.9/i386