[Mimedefang] errors 2.4 and 2.5

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Feb 19 11:12:26 EST 2002

At 03:26 PM 2/18/2002 -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
>A quick poll:  Does anyone *need* non-multiplexor mode?  I would like
>to make multiplexor-mode the only supported way to run MIMEDefang.

None multiplexor mode is useful for debugging.  E.g., I can change
mimedefang-filter and run without having to restart anything.  It's
also useful for debugging non-reentrant Perl modules (e.g., my
recent problems with SpamAssassin's non-local tests).  However,
allowing a maxRequests of 1 with maxSlaves 1 is nearly the
same as no multiplexor.  (Maybe a maxRequests of 0 flags always
restarting mimedefang.pl for quicker debugging.)

Mike

Michael Sofka                          sofkam at rpi.edu
CCT Sr. Systems Programmer  email, webmail, listproc, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.    http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/