[Mimedefang] Repeated $VirusScannerMessages?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Feb 16 03:03:12 EST 2002

    I've been testing the openantivirus scanner and I can't figure this out.  I've grabbed the distribution high-risk-filter, done as little as only changing the reference from NAI to sophos since that's what I'm using.  Every test I made, both messages (both the one delivered to the recipient, as well as the one sent back to the $Sender) contain the $VirusScannerMessages repeated a few times:

An e-mail you sent with message-id
<0202160105030.31435-201000 at speedy.pcraft.com>
was modified.

The recipients were: <kirash at gemini.pcraft.com>

Here are the details of the modification:

The attachment 'eicar.com' was deleted.  It contains
a known virus.
Here is the output from the virus scanner:
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file ./Work/msg-31261-2.com
>>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file ./Work/msg-31261-3.exe
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file Work/msg-31261-2.com
The attachment 'kSELECT.exe' was deleted.  It contains
a known virus.
Here is the output from the virus scanner:
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file ./Work/msg-31261-2.com
>>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file ./Work/msg-31261-3.exe
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file Work/msg-31261-2.com
>>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file Work/msg-31261-3.exe

    At first I thought maybe it was something I did to my filter, but when it did the same thing with the distribution file, I gave up.  Is anyone else having this problem?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130