[Mimedefang] mimedefang.pl -f

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Feb 14 09:38:19 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Ingeborg Hellemo wrote:

> mimedefang.pl has a -f switch which allows you to put your filter somwhere
> else than /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter. This works OK from the command line.
>
> But can you tell mimedefang (or mimedefang-multiplexor) to use this -f switch
> when it executes mimedefang.pl?

There may be a better way, but one way would be to copy mimedefang.pl to
mimedefang2.pl, then change this line in mimedefang2.pl from this:
    $Filter = '/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter';
to this:
    $Filter = '/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter2';

...then you could run mimedefang or mimedefang-multiplexor with the -f
flag telling it to use /usr/local/bin/mimedefang2.pl

  Jason

PS - I only slept 2 hours last night, so take care in listening to
anything I say ;-)