[Mimedefang] Virus scanner Messages

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Fri Feb 8 07:47:23 EST 2002

I've just been fiddling with mimedefang 2.3 to get it to work with current kaspersky scanner in daemon mode. A few things I noticed:

	* scanner detection: newer kaspersky software has the scanner as /opt/AVP/kavscanner instead of /opt/AVP/AvpLinux
	* support for Daemon Mode: needs two modifications,
		1) scanner Name /opt/AVP/AvpLinux
		2) files/directories need to be referenced with absolute path

	* scanner output: currently, I get both the output from message_contains_virus_xxx and entity_contains_virus_xxx pasted into VirusScannerMessages; this is quite confusing since it'll not only contain output for all scanned attachments, not just the bad ones but also show each attachment twice (once for the full message and once for the per-entity scans). I've changed the code to output only per-entity scan results and discard the whole-message results.

Bye, Martin