[Mimedefang] Still timeout errors - mail rejected

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 6 09:43:39 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Pekka Saari wrote:

> Feb  6 12:56:07 www mimedefang-multiplexor:
> handleSlaveReceivedAnswer(1): Timeout or error: Flag = 3
> Feb  6 12:56:07 www mimedefang-multiplexor: Killing slave 1 (pid 8841):
> Busy timeout

The busy timeout (of 300 seconds) was hit.  This means something in the
filter is taking more than five minutes.  It could be a problem with
the filter, or a problem with SpamAssassin or Anomy (if you are using
one of those.)  Five minutes is definitely excessive to process a single
e-mail.  On my 900-Mhz Athlon, it typically takes around 300 milliseconds
to process one message.

Please e-mail me your filter (or put it on the list) and I'll try
to figure it out.