[Mimedefang] Mimedefang with Anomy and SpamAssassin

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Feb 2 09:48:00 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Rich West wrote:

> I'm using SpamAssassin 2.01, actually...

I have tested only SpamAssassin 1.5, and that's the version I would
recommend.  They seem to have made major changes between 1.5 and 2.0,
and there may be some instability.

> Just a thought.. could the base64 barf be caused by SpamAssassin trying
> to decode (or defang) the already decoded (or defang'ed) MIME message?

The call to spam_assassin_is_spam feeds it the un-decoded original
input message.  SA was not really designed for integration with a
system which has already decoded message parts.