[Mimedefang] Mimedefang with Anomy and SpamAssassin

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Sat Feb 2 00:30:22 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Rich West wrote:

> I would ask this off of the list, but I do not have your email address.
>  Please accept my apologies..

Not a problem...  It is showing up in my posts, isn't it?  (jason at
englanders dot cc)

> So.. how did you set up SpamAssassin?  What (if anything) went into your
> /etc/mail/spamassassin.cf file?
>
> Thanks!
> -Rich

Doesn't mean I didn't <g>, but I don't remember changing it at all except
for adding a few whitelist_from addresses to it.

Here it is without comments and blank lines (and the whitelist addresses):

required_hits           5
auto_report_threshold   30
ok_locales              en
rewrite_subject 0
report_header 1
use_terse_report 1
defang_mime 0
skip_rbl_checks 1

I use the Cyrus IMAP server, which has Sieve filtering, so I just have
Sieve taking anything with a header of 'X-Spam: ...' and dumping it into a
folder I have named Spam.  (so I can review them every so often, make
sure they should all be in there)  Sieve is already splitting up
about 30 mailing lists for me, so why not add one more thing to do.

I really like this setup.  I have about 20 mail servers scattered around,
some run Amavis, some have huge procmail anti-spam filters, once I get
it fine tuned some more I'm going to severely like MIMEDefang and friends.

  Jason

PS - [OT] Does Comcast suck down there too or just in Essex County? ;-)