[Mimedefang] How do I - test RBLs and Virus filters

Brett M. Mullins brett at jesinc.net
Fri Dec 20 06:52:01 EST 2002

Having very recently installed MIMEDefang 2.27 with SpamAssassin 2.43, I
was wondering if anyone can tell me an easy / quick-and-dirty way to
tell if:
(a) the virus scanner File::Scan is working (other than sending viri
through it, which I don't have right now)
(b) how to tell if the RBL's are working?  I've installed Vipul's Razor
2.2, but I'm not currently subscribed to any payment-based RBL's (though
that'll change shortly).

Keep in mind I'm still new to this - Perl sorta kinda makes sense, and
I've successfully rewritten some of the tests in mimedefang-filter based
on other folk's examples, but I'm essentially a newbie.

On another note, anyone have any good suggestions for 3 or 4 good RBLs
to use that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Brett Mullins
Systems Engineer, MCSE

JES, Inc.
4768 Research Drive