[Mimedefang] double virus check?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Dec 19 12:22:01 EST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Charles Mount wrote:

> I am running mailhubs with sendmail-switch plus the miltered version of
> TrendMicro VirusWall on Solaris8.   When I try to add MimeDefang, it also
> tries to call the Trend virus program.  The line from /var/log/syslog is:

> I need to stop MimeDefang from trying to make this call.

There are few ways to do this:

1) Rebuild MIMEDefang as follows:

	./configure --disable-anti-virus && make && make install

2) Edit your filter and place this line near the top:

	$Features{'Virus:TREND'} = 0;

3) Edit your filter and remove all the message_contains_virus() and
   entity_contains_virus() calls.