[Mimedefang] double virus check?

Charles Mount cmount at csc.com
Thu Dec 19 12:06:01 EST 2002

I am running mailhubs with sendmail-switch plus the miltered version of
TrendMicro VirusWall on Solaris8.   When I try to add MimeDefang, it also
tries to call the Trend virus program.  The line from /var/log/syslog is:

Dec 18 15:39:53 uusnwa0a mimedefang.pl[29927]: run_virus_scanner: Unable to
execute /etc/iscan/vscan -a Work/msg-29927-1.txt 2>&1: Permission denied

I need to stop MimeDefang from trying to make this call.   My intention is
to use MimeDefang to call SpamAssassin and remove most SPAM before doing
the virus scan.   I want to remove the most obvious SPAM and tag the
subject line for the borderline SPAM.   The target users are using
Exchange/Outlook and can use the subject line tag with the inbox rule
wizard to place the messages in their JunkMail folder.    This should solve
some of the false positive concerns.

Thanks