[Mimedefang] CLAMAV with MIMEDefang

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Mon Dec 16 10:51:01 EST 2002

On 12/16/02 at 09:41, 'twas brillig and listuser at neo.pittstate.edu scrobe:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> > syn uw spewed electrons into the ether that resembled:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I wanted to know if it's also possible to use the clam daemon with
> > > MIMEDefang because currently it's only using clamscan directly but I
> > > suppose if MIMEDefang can directly speak with the CLAM daemon it will be
> > > somehow faster right ?
> >
> > mimedefang will recognize clamd. I use it. works great. doesn't really speed
> > things up, but works *much* nicer since you don't fork a seperate scanning
> > process for every mail.
>
> This is a bit off topic but...  I get an error while trying to load dazuko
> (one of the clamav dependancies).
>
> [noc /usr/local/src/dazuko/dazuko-1.1.1]#> insmod dazuko.o
> dazuko.o: kernel-module version mismatch
>         dazuko.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.7-10
>         while this kernel is version 2.4.19.
>
> After doing a little digging I find that it's getting 2.4.7-10 from
> /usr/include/linux/version.h which was rpm-installed on this RH 7.2 box
> from the kernel-headers package.  I've built a dozen kernels on this box
> and dozens more on my others and apparently /usr/include/linux was never
> updated. I've never had problems either.  I guess my question is more
> general than I originally thought.  Was I supposed replace the contents of
> /usr/include/linux with the include/linux from my kernel source when I
> compile a new kernel.

	This is one of the gotchas with using a non-RH kernel on a RH
system. /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm should generally be
symlinks into the include directories for your build tree, e.g.
/usr/src/linux-2.4.19/include/{linux,asm}. RH doesn't do this; instead
it copies files from the RPM build tree into /usr/include/linux, I
think because they don't want to require the end-user to install the
kernel-source RPM just to be able to build simple apps. IMnsHO it's a
mistake.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key