[Mimedefang] CLAMAV with MIMEDefang

listuser at neo.pittstate.edu listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Mon Dec 16 10:43:01 EST 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> syn uw spewed electrons into the ether that resembled:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wanted to know if it's also possible to use the clam daemon with
> > MIMEDefang because currently it's only using clamscan directly but I
> > suppose if MIMEDefang can directly speak with the CLAM daemon it will be
> > somehow faster right ?
>
> mimedefang will recognize clamd. I use it. works great. doesn't really speed
> things up, but works *much* nicer since you don't fork a seperate scanning
> process for every mail.

This is a bit off topic but...  I get an error while trying to load dazuko
(one of the clamav dependancies).

[noc /usr/local/src/dazuko/dazuko-1.1.1]#> insmod dazuko.o
dazuko.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        dazuko.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.7-10
        while this kernel is version 2.4.19.

After doing a little digging I find that it's getting 2.4.7-10 from
/usr/include/linux/version.h which was rpm-installed on this RH 7.2 box
from the kernel-headers package.  I've built a dozen kernels on this box
and dozens more on my others and apparently /usr/include/linux was never
updated. I've never had problems either.  I guess my question is more
general than I originally thought.  Was I supposed replace the contents of
/usr/include/linux with the include/linux from my kernel source when I
compile a new kernel.  Like I said I never did that before and never had
problems but it wouldn't surprise me to find out I was supposed to do
that.  Do you know by chance?  Since you got clamav to work I'm assuming
you must have done it right.

Justin