[Mimedefang] Command to long?

Mycrom defang at mycrom.net
Tue Dec 10 00:11:01 EST 2002

I am currently running mimedefang-2.28-beta1 and all seems to be well. The
last two versions with better slave handleing has made a huge difference
under load.

I am having a problem with some bad spammers on the internet that like to
send improper malformed rcpt to lines. Not a problem by default as I have
custom sendmail rulesets and mimedefang rcpt to filters in place to block
these attempted spamming/relay acts. The problem comes in when the line is
to long and mimedefang-multiplexor resets the connection to mimedefang due
to the fact the command is to long. The forces mimedefang to do a temp fail
reject of the message. Well sure enough 30 minutes or so I see the same
message again and we keep on this cycle building up messages until the
sending host does a return to sender. Over time you can believe we process
thosands of the same connect attemps again and again due to this within a 24
hour period.

Is there any way we can either raise the max length of a command so my rules
can properly deny it or change the action to a 5XX perm failure on
recieveing a "Command to long" from mimedefang-multiplexor on from/to/relay
checks?

Dec  9 23:53:39 mail1 mimedefang-multiplexor: doSlaveCommand: Command too
long
Dec  9 23:53:39 mail1 mimedefang[24554]: MXCommand: read: Connection reset
by peer: Is multiplexor running?
Dec  9 23:53:39 mail1 sendmail[24553]: gBA4rdtM024553: Milter:
to=<<misslisa9 at hotmail.com>www.funwithwine.com,<orisek at hotmail.com>www.funwi
thwine.com,<alberthaworth at hotmail.com>www.funwithwine.com,<geoari at hotmail.co
m>www.funwithwine.com,<denadm at hotmail.com>www.funwithwine.com,>, reject=451
4.7.1 Please try again later