[Mimedefang] high-load scanning with mimedefang

Mycrom defang at mycrom.net
Sun Dec 1 09:08:00 EST 2002

In most cases you would be correct and I agree. In my situation these
servers are nothing more then relays that are a stoping point for mail
inbound or outbound. I also run sendmail in Interactive mode with Safe Mode
off. In this setup the sendmail service does not report a message accepted
until it has either delivered it to the next hop or send it to one of my
fallback servers that don't have mqueue in mem. It also removes half of
sendmail's disk IO. The rsync of the mqueue directory every five minutes and
on sendmail stop to a disk backup directory is just an extra step I take but
not really needed. I can just turn the server off and no mail lost because
the connections currently open will timeout and everything else is already
gone. We sure don't want any lost mail now do we? :)

-Matthew

Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] high-load scanning with mimedefang