[Mimedefang] Virus slip thru

Rudolf Christel Jr. rcj-mail at christel.org
Sun Dec 1 05:19:01 EST 2002

Hello,

I`m using Mimedefang 2.26 on a FreeBSD 4.7 system.

>From time to time I check my virus scanner (nai, File:Scan) with a
testmail. I´ve send a mail from yahoo to my mailserver with the eicar
testvirus within an zip file. The original mail was rejected by
mimedefang an sendmail. But the failure msg from yahoo, which send all
yahoo mail to an account on my local system slip thru. Without an notice
of the virus by mimedefang.

On my personal machine norton catch the testvirus.

Has anybody an idea what to do? Or, has anyone similar situations?

Kind regard
Rudolf Christel