[Mimedefang] Error message on Quarantine with 2.18

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Fri Aug 23 14:01:01 EDT 2002

David,

I updated a few items today, including MIMEDefang to 2.18.  While
testing to be sure the virus scanner (sophie) is still catching viruses,
I got the following message:

Aug 23 13:36:28 sol mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Use of
uninitialized value in string ne at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 1089.
Aug 23 13:36:28 sol last message repeated 3 times

The code in that place is from routine send_mail:
sub send_mail ($$$$;$) {
    my($fromAddr, $fromFull, $recipient, $body, $deliverymode) = @_;

    if ($deliverymode ne "-odb" &&
        $deliverymode ne "-odq" &&
        $deliverymode ne "-odd" &&
        $deliverymode ne "-odi") {
        $deliverymode = "-odd";
    }

This is hit presumably because the quarantine routine is mailing the
administrator about the event.  I just checked and my admin account did
NOT receive the message.

I know the deliverymode functionality is new for this release, so I
thought you might like to know.  Oh, I am running sendmail 8.12.5, and
can provide you my filter if needed.

Troy
troy at carpenter.cx