[Mimedefang] replacing recipients

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sat Aug 31 07:38:01 EDT 2002

If recipients are changed with calls to delete_recipient() and
add_recipient(), it appears that the values in the global @Recipient
array are not updated accordingly.

I found this by making more than one call to a small function that
replaced all recipients with just one.  On the second call, I wanted
to replace the first replacement... I expected the @Recipient list
to reflect the current (changed) state but this was not the case,
the function found the original list still there.  What happened was
that the original recipients did not get sent the message, but
_both_ of the added recipients did.  Oops :)

  (Eg: spam sent to user, email to user for whatever reason always
  gets a recipient change, further scanning finds it to be spam, so
  another recipient is made to direct it into a "spam trap"
  mailbox).

Is this a bug, or should I "remember' the changes that are needed
and only call these functions once per message in filter_end?

Cheers
Tony