[Mimedefang] X-Scanned-By Header

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Aug 29 21:10:01 EDT 2002

This may sound a bit paranoid, but it is possible, with 2.19, to disable
the addition of that additional header?

While it makes a great advertisement and an excellent method for
debugging, on a production server it gives a bit more information than
what I would like.

It would be nice to ENABLE that header for debugging purposes (making
user that the filter is indeed running), but, let's just play devil's
advocate here, what if some security hole/buffer underrun/buffer
overrun/etc was discovered in MIMEDefang (not that that would ever
happen.. this code is perfect, no? ;-) ).  Then, all some would-be
hacker would need would be the header information which is happily
advertised...

This may sound overly paranoid, but I thought I would ask. :)

-Rich