[Mimedefang] Trying to install mimedefang...had two questions

Steve Pfister srp336 at getcoactive.com
Thu Aug 29 15:07:01 EDT 2002

Hi--

I'm trying to get mimedefang installed on our production mail server and
had two questions:

- I'm looking for a pre-written mimedefang-filter as a starting point. I
think I'd like something like the one for Windows users in the /example
directory, but we have Mac users as well. I'd especially like to be able to
filter out Mac executable attachments...can this be done with mimedefang?

- I'd also like to test mimedefang on a mailbox or two before turning it on
server-wide on our production machine. Unfortunately, I don't have a test
mail server set up. Can I call mimedefang via procmail and is this a big
performance hit?

Thanks!

--Steve