[Mimedefang] new K-lez.E & K-lez.H variants ?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 28 10:17:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, David F. Skoll wrote:

> MIMEDefang would have caught it if you scanned all the parts with a
> commercial virus scanner,

And in fact, I got a few MIMEDefang notifications from people who were
using MIMEDefang in conjunction with a commercial scanner. :-)
Please don't post real viruses to this list. :-)

One thing I might look at is building code into MIMEDefang to detect
Windoze executables based on their signature (the first few bytes),
regardless of filename.  It's a cheap way to stop a lot of viruses.