[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang build error

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Tue Aug 27 17:43:01 EDT 2002

I've been running MIMEDefang for a while now, and packaged it as an RPM
for work.  However, when I tried to update to 2.16 a few weeks ago, and
then 2.19 today, I got the following error during build:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pthread -o mimedefang mimedefang.o
drop_privs.o utils.o /usr/lib/libmilter.a -lpthread -lnsl
/usr/lib/libmilter.a(main.o): In function `smfi_register':
main.o(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
/usr/lib/libmilter.a(main.o): In function `smfi_setconn':
main.o(.text+0x12f): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
/usr/lib/libmilter.a(listener.o): In function `mi_milteropen':
listener.o(.text+0x184): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
/usr/lib/libmilter.a(engine.o): In function `st_connectinfo':
engine.o(.text+0x83a): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mimedefang] Error 1

The same error showed up with a manual build, too.

RH 7.0 and 7.3;  the same error showed up for MIMEDefang 2.16-2.19 on
both.  Version 2.15 built cleanly.

Since the systems I'm targeting are production systems, I have NOT moved
up to sendmail 8.12.x from RawHide;  I changed the spec file to allow
for that.  (I *did* rebuild the 7.3 sendmail package on 7.0;  along with
its dependencies.  All compiled cleanly.)

Am I missing a critical library somewhere?  Everything else (including
sendmail- among other things) has built cleanly (aside from issues with
respect to rpm).

I can't find strlcpy in the man pages anywhere, either.  I *have* found
a number of web pages referring to them, and to adding them to glibc.
My glibc is up to date with the current RedHat errata on both 7.0 and
7.3.

-kgd
--
boing.