[Mimedefang] any comments?

Marco Berizzi pupilla at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 11:54:00 EDT 2002

I have modified a bit the suggested minimum filter.
I have introduced a basic function so people inside the company must
compress their attach, before sending the e-mail.
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf  set an absolute limit, both for in/out mail.
With this filter the e-mails from the internet are size-limited only by
sendmail.cf
The e-mails to the internet are 2 step size-limited.
There is the absolute size limit from sendmail.cf, and a soft size limit
from MD.
The filter rejects the e-mail if the size is major than a limit
($MaxOutSize) and contains attach not listed in $good_exts
The filter accept the fat e-mail if only contain attach with the ext =
$good_exts

Any comments?