[Mimedefang] Installing problems...

Jaime Elizaga Jr. jelizaga at flash.net.ph
Fri Aug 23 07:29:00 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I am new here so please bear with me.  I am installing MimeDefang 2.18 and
Sendmail 8.12.5 on a unix box running Slackware 8.0 which has Sendmail 11.x
running at default.  I followed all the steps in the INSTALL  file but when
I start to install MimeDefang ( issuing the command ./configure ), I get
this output.

root at mercury:/usr/local/src/mimedefang-2.18# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether socklen_t is defined... yes
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for Perl module IO::Socket... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::Tools 5.410 ()... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... ok
checking for Perl module Digest::SHA1... ok
checking for Perl module Sys::Syslog... ok
checking that MIME-Tools has been patched... yes
checking for Perl module Mail::SpamAssassin 1.6 or better... no
checking for Perl module Anomy::HTMLCleaner... no
checking for Perl module HTML::Parser... no
checking for Perl module File::Scan... no
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether sig_atomic_t is defined... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -pthread... yes
checking for res_init in -lresolv... no
checking for htons in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for pthread_once in -lpthread... yes
checking for initgroups... yes
checking for getpwnam_r... yes
checking for setrlimit... yes
checking for libmilter/mfapi.h...
../sendmail-8.12.5/include/libmilter/mfapi.h
checking for ravav... /bin/false
checking for antivir... /bin/false
checking for uvscan... /bin/false
checking for sweep... /bin/false
checking for vscan... /bin/false
checking for clamscan... /bin/false
checking for AvpLinux... /bin/false
checking for kavscanner... /bin/false
checking for kavdaemon... /bin/false
checking for fsav... /bin/false
checking for f-prot... /bin/false
checking for sophie... /bin/false
checking for nvcc... /bin/false
checking for libmilter.a... no
checking for mail... /bin/mail
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for rm... /bin/rm

Oops.. I couldn't find libmilter.a.  Please install Sendmail 8.11
and its libraries.
root at mercury:/usr/local/src/mimedefang-2.18#

I believe the sendmail libraries are already installed since Slackware 8
already pre-installed Sendmail.  Anyone have any ideas on how I can go about
with this so I can install MimeDefang?

Thanks in advance

Jaime Elizaga Jr.
Flash Internet Philippines