[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin and SQL user preferences

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Aug 18 12:47:00 EDT 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:20:01 -0500
"Zach Lowry" <zach at zachlowry.net> wrote:

> I'm running MIME Defang with Sendmail 8.12, Cyrus, Amavisd, and
> Spamassassin 2.31. I used Spamass-milter previously, but it had a a
> condition of creating many different spamd processes, and bogged down
> the server. MIMEDefang works great, but I need to use my SQL
> preferences I have set up for SA. It doesn't seem to be getting those
> by itself, even though I added the DBD entries into the
> sa-mimedefang.cf file. Anybody have an idea?

In general, it's problematic to have per-user preferences in a milter
because a message might be for more than one user.  If you use
stream_by_recipient (see the mimedefang-filter man page), you can do
it.  But you still have to tell SA to use the SQL preferences, and you'd
have to read the SpamAssassin Perl module man pages and probably the
mimedefang.pl source to figure out how to do that.