[Mimedefang] Using SA's spamd/spamc from MD

Justin Shore listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Thu Aug 15 16:18:09 EDT 2002

Howdy all.  I'm trying to figure out how to use SpamAssassin's spamd
and spamc from MIMEDefang and I'm having some problems.  BTW, I've
only been using the two for 3 or 4 days now.  I have spamassassin
working with MD right now.  I want to run spamd but to do that I
think I need to figure out how to make MD use spamc instead of
spamassassin.  I looked through
/etc/mail/mimedefang/mimedefang-filter but all I found were calls to
the SA feature.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm going to be moving this to a production mail system once things
are stable.  I believe I also need to run mimedeang-multiplexor to
less the load on the new server.  I went through the man pages and
information I could find on the site but I couldn't locate anything
that told me how to actually set up the multiplexor.  Can someone
point me to this information as well?

Many thanks
  Justin

Justin Shore, ES-SS ES-SSR                Pittsburg State University
Network & Systems Manager                 http://www.pittstate.edu/ois/