[Mimedefang] Problems on BSD

Marcelo Souza mpsouza at centroin.com.br
Mon Aug 12 21:20:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

	I got a strange problem with MD in a BSDi box after apply a
official patch for libc.

	Before the patch everything worked ok.
	After patch, the mimedefang (child daemon) get 90% of CPU and
doesn't terminate.
	As far I could track, the problem is when it tries to fork a
process to remove the temp spool dir of a message. If I use "-d" to not
remove temp dir it work ok.
	In the cleanup() function, I did a small hack to see what happen:

    if (doRemove) {
syslog(LOG_INFO, "REMOVE routine, DATADIR: %s", data->dir );
        if (data->dir) {
            n = fork();
syslog(LOG_INFO, "N VALUE: %d", n );

	The only value printed for 'n' is the PID of the child. The ZERO
value is never printed (as it should be for the child).
	I'm not a "C" programmer, so I could not understand what is wrong.
	Any help would be good.

TIA,

- Marcelo