[Mimedefang] Curious about a couple of things in mimedefang-filter

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Aug 12 12:03:01 EDT 2002

Just for my own curiosity, what does MD consider SuspiciousCharsInHeaders
and why are they dropped?  Also, what is the danger of curlies in file
names?  And what about non-alpha chars in an extension?  The sample filter
drops all of these.

Second question:  Is it possible to get the string that the sending MTA
sends as the HELO value?  I have noticed that a lot of spam will have *my*
host name as the HELO host, and I would like to reject the connection
unless it's really my host sending the mail.  Thanks!

Jim