[Mimedefang] Errors with MIMEdefang on Solaris

Drew simonis at myself.com
Mon Aug 5 21:48:01 EDT 2002

All,
I have been seeing a very strange condition with my installation.
I am running Mimedefang 2.2 on Solaris 8.  I see a great many errors
in my logs related to free slaves (mfconnect: No free slaves) and
some related to the socket (MXcommand: Socket: too many open files)

To alleviate the first, I raised my max slaves to 30 from 10, but I
still see a LOT (like 30 a minute) of the slave errors.

To fix the socket problem, I tried to stop/start mimedefang, but
I ended up having to stop the process, delete the socket files
and then re-start the process.  But I don't feel good about
my mimedefang.

Any ideas?  Where should I go from here?