[Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sat Aug 3 10:19:01 EDT 2002

On Fri Aug 02 2002 at 13:24, "David F. Skoll" wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>
> > Ahhhhh offcourse. Permissions were
> >
> > drwx------
>
> That should be fine *provided* the owner is "defang" (or whatever
> use you run MIMEDefang as.)

What other directories/files need to be read/writable for the -U
user?  (I assume the defang user can/should be a password=none
HOME=/dev/null SHELL=/sbin/nologin system account).

Obviously /var/spool/MIMEDefang/ and /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/,
anywhere else?

(The socket and pid files are in MIMEDefang/ by default now, which
nicely solves that problem).

> Regards,
>
> David.

(Just to document this clearly... perhaps it could be mentioned
somewhere like the "WARNINGS" section of mimedefang(8)?).

Cheers
Tony