[Mimedefang] How to resend a quarantined messages later?

Bryan Evans bevans at thermpro.com
Thu Aug 1 12:41:01 EDT 2002

 >>  On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Tanel Kokk wrote:

 >>  > I want implement such policy:

 >>  > - if mimedefang/spamassassin discovers an e-mail as spam, e-mail will be
 >>  > quarantined - with procedure action_quarantine_entire_message().

 >>  > - sometimes admin checks quarantined mail and when discovers some
 >>  > e-mails not to be spam, then will release these e-mails.

 >>  http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/canit/

 >>  But if you don't want to pay for it, then:

 >>  > Now my question: what is the best way to release or deliver previously
 >>  > quarantined/spooled e-mails?

 >>  sendmail -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

 >>  But make sure it doesn't get quarantined again... you need a rule
 >>  in your filter to allow anything from 127.0.0.1 (for example).

If the message contained attachments and was quarantined due to the
file extension, but it is a valid message that we want to resend, can you
just send the message with a command like this?

sendmail -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < HEADERS \
PART.1.HEADERS PART.1.BODY PART.2.HEADERS \
PART.2.BODY  <continuing through attachments>

This allowed me to receive the email, but the attachments were not
recognized properly.

>>  --
 >>  David.

Thanks for any help which can be provided.
 Bryan