[Mimedefang] How to resend a quarantined messages later?

Dale_Whiteaker-Lewis at Dell.com Dale_Whiteaker-Lewis at Dell.com
Thu Aug 1 11:03:01 EDT 2002

I'm using procmail and Maildir formatted directories to sort the entire
message into directories (currently based on original recipient name,
probably soon to be based on timestamp).  The unusual thing here is that I
use a loop to action_delete_recipient all the original recipient and then at
the end action_add_recipient to a single spam-quarantine recipient address.
This preserves the whole message (not split into parts a la
action_quarantine_entire_message()), including any SA modifications.  I then
use procmail as my local mailer and a .procmailrc file for the
spam-quarantine user that does the sorting.  The interesting thing in my
opinion is that I have all my sendmail gateways send to this spam-quarantine
user that is on a stand-alone sendmail box with a big storage pod (from
Dell, natch).  I'm using reiserfs for this quarantine area for performance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tanel Kokk [mailto:tanel.kokk at eyp.ee]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 9:24 AM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: [Mimedefang] How to resend a quarantined messages later?

I want implement such policy:

- if mimedefang/spamassassin discovers an e-mail as spam, e-mail will be
quarantined - with procedure action_quarantine_entire_message().

- sometimes admin checks quarantined mail and when discovers some
e-mails not to be spam, then will release these e-mails.

Now my question: what is the best way to release or deliver previously
quarantined/spooled e-mails?

Tanel