[Mimedefang] File::Scan

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Wed Apr 10 11:44:14 EDT 2002

On 10 Apr 2002 at 11:18, Rich West wrote:

> Just curious, but how did you go about integrating it into your filter
> for your tests?

Actually, I didn't. :-)

The "benchmarking" (and I use that term very loosely, 'cause it
wasn't exactly controlled laboratory conditions) involved using the
scan.pl scanner in the examples directory, which I ran on my
/var/spool/MIMEDefang quarantine archive.  I did some raw comparisons
against a couple of other command-line scanners.

> Also, after going through the docs a little, it looks like the virus
> definition file can easily be updated, but the method of gathering the
> data to add to that file is somewhat cumbersome..
>
> I would think that the author would need to make it easier to download
> the latest signatures.txt file separate from the distribution in order
> to make it more workable..

Definitely!

Nels Lindquist <*>
----
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.