[Mimedefang] The MIMEDefang HOWTO

Justin King justin at othius.com
Tue Apr 30 14:55:16 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
>From: "Jason Englander" <jason at englanders.cc>
>> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be wrote:

> > Mike,
> >
> > a great initiative, but why do you mention only Linux ?
> > MIMEDefang is written for Unix, not only for Linux.
> > I am using Solaris and MIMEDefang works great on Solaris.
>
> I agree with this part totally (mind you, I haven't seen the HOWTO yet).
> Someone, though not me <g>, should cover at least some little blurbs about
> other UNII.  ...and for that reason, the LDP might not be a good place
> to submit it to.

Along this line, I've been contemplating trying to put together a FreeBSD
port/package of MIMEDefang. Anyone else interested in this? I'm not really
qualified to go at it right now, however if someone else there has some
experience I'd love to help. I have some programming experience, though not
much makefile experience. I'm sure I could learn enough to write certain
parts pretty quickly.

-Justin