[Mimedefang] Virus scanner, Defang 2.8..

Steve Ladendorf sladendorf at blakeschool.org
Fri Apr 26 14:03:36 EDT 2002

I was just looking over MIMEDefang 2.8 to prepare for an upgrade and
noticed a few things about the AVP Virus scanner and exit codes (that I
submitted several months ago - humbling to see my name in the code).  It
appears I left a few codes out and mislabeled one important one.

The correct codes are;

0 - No Virus
1 - Scan not complete
3 - Suspicious object found
4 - Known Virus found
5 - All Viruses disinfected
6 - Viruses deleted
7 - AVPLinux corrupt or infected
8 - Corrupt objects found

Now if I was to modify mimedefang.pl myself would I just add

sub interpret_avp_code {
.
.
return ($code, 'corrupt', 'ok') if ($code == 8);
.
.
}

if was was so crazy as to want to pass corrupt object without a quarantine?

My problem has been that AVPLinux often reports AppleWorks word processing
files as corrupt when in fact they are perfectly fine.  Slightly annoying
to my users since I work for a school and AppleWorks is our standard
productivity suite..

Steve Ladendorf
    Network Manager
sladendorf at blakeschool.org                                        The
Blake School
"I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
  --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)