[Mimedefang] File::Scan result codes

David Lechnyr david at hr.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 23 12:26:21 EDT 2002

Hello all,

When using the (most excellent!) MIMEDefang with the File::Scan 0.23
Perl module, if a file is either scanned and found as "Suspicious" or
"Infected" results in a positive virus response.  Is there a way to have
MIMEDefang run different actions based on _different_ result codes from
File::Scan?  We have a lot of MS-Word documents that are scanned with a
File::Scan result of "Suspicious" that our commercial AV-packages don't
detect as infected.

Thanks,
- David Lechnyr
sub filter_begin {
        $FoundVirus = message_contains_virus_filescan();
}

sub filter {
        my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;
        if ($FoundVirus && entity_contains_virus_filescan($entity)) {
                return action_quarantine($entity, "Virus found!\n");
        }