[Mimedefang] Logging/tracking

Wade Funk wtfunk at swbell.net
Tue Apr 23 08:44:42 EDT 2002

Hi,

I had previously run mimedefang 1.4 with sendmail 8.11.4 on solaris 2.7 with
no problems.  All mail was scanned and delivered locally to /var/mail, as it
should've been.  I've since been required to implement a WHOLE new mail
system to allow for collaboration and such, so....you guessed it, Exchange
2000 is my solution.  But, there's no chance in hell I'm going to have the
Exchange server directly receiving emails, so I've installed a Solaris mail
relay with mimdefang 2.6 & sendmail 8.12.3.

I thought I had it all setup correctly, it even runs fine, I think, but I
get no logging and/tracking when I send a message to/from it.  I simply want
the mail relay (dmz) to forward all mail to the exchange server (internal),
and relay all mail from the exchange server out to the Internet.

I guess my question is, how can I ensure that detailed logs are being
created to help me troubleshoot the issues at hand?

Thanks,

Wade