[Mimedefang] Patch for MIME::Tools

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 22 17:40:46 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have made a patch for MIME::Tools which causes it to recognize things
like:

whereas ordinarily it would require:

Please note that the first line is NOT MIME COMPLIANT.  Therefore, the
MIME::Tools author could legitimately argue that it's an error to
accept the name as "foo[1].pif".  However, it seems to me that in the
interest of safety, MIMEDefang should do what most MUA's are likely to
do.

The patch is linked from http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/
(near the download section) and should be applied to MIME::Tools 5.411a.

I think this will fix the problems another poster was having with
8-bit characters in unquoted filenames.