[Mimedefang] Question about virus scanning

Anthony Giggins AGiggins at synergyit.com.au
Thu Apr 18 20:24:12 EDT 2002

What are everyone's thoughts about only scanning file smaller then a set
size for example I was thinking 1MB? Unless someone has any reasons why not
to do this.

The reason for this is our current mail-relay gets hammered when a large
attachment gets stuck in mimedefang and gets continuesly scanned causing
load avereages to go above 12 causing sendmail to stop receiving untill the
load average drops below 12. So with the new server its twice as fast twice
as much memory and will be running 2.7 + multiplexor + NAI on sendmail
8.12.3 so the multiplexor should also help the performance.

Any comments are welcome